Findindonesia.com – Hello friends, wherever you are..! Before you visit to Indonesia, i think you need to know some basic knowledge about this country. As alike famous aphorism, “if you was unacquainted, there are no love”.
Well, now i will share about basic knowledge about Indonesian country/state, that i have collected before. I hope, this can broaden your horizons, especially for you who will visit or even settle in the country of Indonesia, either to study at an Indonesian college or work.
Read also : The 10 Top Ranking of Universities In Indonesia
Well, here we go, 17 basic knowledge about Indonesian country.
1. The official name of the Indonesian country is the “Republic of Indonesia”, this is mentioned in the preamble to The 1945 Constitution of the Republic of Indonesia.
2. Indonesia was born on August 17, 1945, after fighting for independence from Japan. Proclaimed by Ir. Soekarno and Mohammad Hatta in Jakarta at 10 am.
3. Indonesia is a peace-loving country, upholds human rights and anti-colonialism. Whereas independence is the inalienable right of all nations, therefore, all colonialism must be abolished in this world as it is not in conformity with humanity and justice.
4. Indonesian state form is “The Unitary State of the Republic of Indonesia”, or “NKRI” as another well-known designation.
5. The Head of State and Head of the Government of the Republic of Indonesia is the President, who is selected in general elections, every 5 years.
6. The first president of the Republic of Indonesia is Ir .Soekarno and and its vice president is Mohammad Hatta.
7. The capital of the Republic of Indonesia is in the Jakarta, located in Java Island.
8. The philosophical basisof the Indonesian state is called “Pancasila“. Pancasila means 5 basic principles. Pancasila principles based on : (1) Belief in the One and Only God, (2) Just and civilized humanity, (3) The unity of Indonesia, (4) And democratic life led by wisdom of deliberations among representatives of the people, (5) And achieving social justice for all the people of Indonesia.
9. The name of the Indonesian constitution is “The 1945 Constitution of the Republic of Indonesia” (UUD’45).
10. The motto/slogan of the Republic of Indonesia is “Bhinneka Tunggal Ika”, which means different but still a unity. This is to describe the Indonesian Nation which consists of many cultures, ethnicities, regional languages and religions.
11. Indonesian state emblem is “Garuda Pancasila”, which is in the form of an eagle that looks to the right, with both wings stretched. On this emblem, there is a slogan Bhinneka Tunggal Ika.
12. The national flag of Republic of Indonesia is the “Sang Merah Putih”.
13. Indonesian national anthem is “Indonesia Raya”, created by WR. Supratman.
14. The national language of Republic of Indonesia is “Bahasa Indonesia”.
15. Indonesian currency is ”Rupiah” or IDR (Indonesian Rupiah).
16. The state television broadcasting station is “TVRI” (Televisi Republik Indonesia).
17. Only 6 religions are recognized and allowed to develop, namely Islam, Christian Protestant, Christian Catholic, Hindu, Buddha and Kong Hu Cu.