Findindonesia.com – Hello friends, travelers all over the world. How are you? Hopefully, it’s in good condition This time I will post an article with the title; 9 Indonesia Most Favorite Tourist Destinations for Asian Tourists.
There are many tourist attractions in Indonesia that present, the beauty of nature and culture that are difficult or even not found in other countries. That is the reason why foreign tourists, especially from the Asian region, are very happy to come to Indonesia even a few times a year.
Even though in my opinion, the management of tourism in Indonesia is not maximal, and there are many things that need to be improved such as hygiene problems. This is important so that the number of tourists can increase from year to year.
Back on the topic, there are actually a few of the main reasons why Indonesia is the most favorite destination for Asian tourists, especially Asian tourists such as Singapore and Malaysia, including:
- The same culture such as language
- Indonesian people are known to be fun, friendly and humorous
- Many historical places such as old buildings, palaces, mosques or temples
- Easy transportation access to tourist destinations, for example, direct flights from the country of origin to the destination tourist city in Indonesia.
Well, this friend is the 9 favorite tourist destinations for Asian tourists in Indonesia.
Jakarta, as the capital city of the Republic of Indonesia, is the center of government of the country. Not only that, Jakarta is a business center and shopping center. The city of Jakarta which was born on 17 December 1526 was once a bustling port called Sunda Kelapa.
The word “Jakarta” comes from the word Jayakarta, this name is inspired by Al-Quran Surat Al-Fath which means glory or victory. The Jayakarta name is given by Fatahillah/Faletehan or is another name for Sunan Gunung Jati from the Kingdom of Banten after conquering Sunda Kelapa from Portuguese hands.
Jakarta also had another name, Batavia, the name given by the Dutch government at that time. Well, in Jakarta you will find Dutch remnants consisting of the Kota Tua or Old City, or Old Batavia.
Kota Tua is a historical tourist spot visited by many local and foreign tourists. So, you must visit the old city of Jakarta when you come to Jakarta. You will find the Fatahillah Museum (Jakarta historical museum), the Bank Indonesia Museum, Gedung Arsip Nasional (the National Archives Building) and many others.
That’s Jakarta, a city full of history. The city with 393 skyscrapers. The city is famous for it’s National Monument (Monas), Istiqlal Mosque and its typical food, Gado-gado (gado-gado which is designated as one of Indonesia’s national foods).
- We Love the City of 2018 from the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) as the most loved city by its citizens, across Tokyo and Vancouver.
- The OPCC Global Award from One Planet City Challenge, as an inspiring example of a city that seriously challenges the challenges of change, 2018.
As the second-largest city in Indonesia (No. 1 Jakarta), Surabaya is well-known as a city with good city governance and environment. Surabaya, a city famous for its distinctive food Rujak Cingur is the capital of East Java province.
There are many reasons why many foreign tourists come to Surabaya, including the presence of international direct flights to Surabaya, business and study activities and as a link to other tourist destinations in East Java, such as Malang, Bondowoso, Probolinggo, Jember, and Banyuwangi.
From Surabaya, you can continue to other tourist destinations, which are often visited by foreign tourists including Mount Bromo (via Malang or Probolinggo), Mount Semeru (via Malang), and Ijen Crater (Bondowoso).
There is something unique about Malaysian tourists, a lot of Malaysian tourists who visit religious tourism in Surabaya and its surroundings, namely visit the cemetery of Wali Songo. Some Malaysian tourists believe that they are descendants of the Wali Songo. One member of the Wali Songo whose grave is in Surabaya, Sunan Ampel.
- ASEAN Environment Sustainable City as a city with the best sustainable environmental management compared to other major cities in ASEAN in 2011 and 2014.
- The 2013 Asian Townscape Award (ATA) from the United Nations, International Award for Bungkul Park Surabaya.
- Lee Kuan Yew World City Prize from the Urban Development Authority (URA) and Center Liveable Cities (CLC) in 2018, as proof that Surabaya deserves to be juxtaposed with major cities in the world.
The city of Bandung is the capital of the West Java province. Bandung is famous as a tourist city, historical city, education city, cultural city and shopping city. Bandung also has a special nickname, among others, “flower city”, “Paris van Java”.
Bandung as a tourist city has many famous tourist destinations including historical tourism, cultural tourism, shopping tours, culinary tours, and nature tourism.
If you want to go on a historical tour in Bandung, you can visit regional buildings such as Gedung Sate and Museum Geologi. Or cultural tourism, you can see performances of Sundanese arts and cultures such as performing angklung instruments, puppet shows (Wayang Golek) or mask dances (Tari Topeng).
Then for those of you who like shopping, it’s perfect because Bandung is one of the cheapest shopping cities in Asia when compared to other cities in Asia.
Therefore many foreign tourists who come to Bandung are sometimes just shopping. This is supported by good transportation facilities such as direct flights to Bandung.
For natural tourism, there are many popular locations in Bandung that you must visit, for example, Tangkuban Perahu Crater, Ciwidey White Crater, the Ir. Djuanda forest highway park, and the Lembang tourist area which has dozens of types of hits and popular tourist attractions.
- The ASEAN Environmentally Sustainable Cities (ESC) Award in the category of clean air, as a city that has implemented an environmentally sustainable city (ESC).
4. YOGYAKARTA and CENTRAL JAVA
Speaking of tourist areas, Yogyakarta and Central Java are also one of the most popular and famous in foreign countries. The tourist area of Yogyakarta and Central Java is a favorite tourist destination for tourists from Malaysia and Singapore.
To reach Yogyakarta and Central Java is very easy. This is supported by good transportation access. International direct flights to Yogyakarta and the main cities in Central Java such as Solo and Semarang are also available.
Yogyakarta is a tourist destination that is very thick with nuances of history and culture. In Yogyakarta and Central Java, you will see how Jawa culture still looks thick.
The favorite location is of course at Prambanan Temple, which is one of the world heritage sites and the Sultanate of Yogyakarta. There you can see what Kraton or the Sultanate of Yogyakarta’s palace is that is still sustainable.
While in Central Java, there is the Borobudur Temple which is the largest Buddhist temple in the world. It is located in the city of Magelang, Central Java. As one of the world heritage site, Borobudur Temple is also a favorite tourist destination for tourists from abroad.
Then the city of Semarang, the capital of Central Java, which offers historical tourism, there are many old and historic buildings and various types of culinary delights to be missed. Then there is also the city of Solo, Central Java, as in Yogyakarta, there is also a Kraton called Surakarta Sunanate.
- The Best Print Advertisement from the Tourism Promotion Organization (TPO) based in South Korea (South Korea) in 2009
- The Best Public Relations from the Tourism Promotion Organization (TPO) in 2009
- The Best Campaign from the Tourism Promotion Organization (TPO) in 2010
- The Best Website of the Tourism Promotion Organization (TPO) in 2011
- Indonesia’s Atracteveness Award (IAA) from domestic ministry in 2018, as the Best City of Tourism in the platinum category and Best City Investment in the gold category.
- Borobudur Temple as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1991
- Prambanan Temple as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1991
Bali, the name of one of the islands in Indonesia which is famous for its beaches, its natural beauty, and its unique arts and culture. Yes, Bali is one of the provinces in Indonesia, so far many foreign tourists are wrong, thinking that Bali is a country of its own.
It’s not strange if Bali might be one of the main destinations for foreign tourists when going to Indonesia. Foreign tourists may already know a lot, what are the main tourist attractions, and what can be done there.
When I vacationed in Bali last year, I met Malaysian tourists, apparently not a few of them go to Bali at least twice a year. Visiting Bali for foreign tourists doesn’t really make him bored. It feels like coming back again and again.
Even though I met tourists from many countries, the most I met were tourists from Malaysia, China, Singapore and Australia.
Things you can do in Bali include sunbathing on the beach, swimming, diving, surfing, hiking, visiting temples, museums, and tasting Balinese specialties such as Ayam Betutu and Mixed Balinese Chicken Rice.
Here are the most popular tourist destinations in Bali:
#Beach: Kuta, Lovina, Jimbaran, Pandawa, Sanur, Nusa Lembongan, Dreamland, Nusa Dua, Tanjung Benoa, Nusa Penida
#Temple: Tanah Lot Temple, Luhur Uluwatu Temple, Besakih Temple, Ulun Danu Temple, Pura Taman Ayu, Tirta Empul Temple, Lempuyang Temple
# Others: West Bali National Park, Ubud Tourism Village, Bali Safari and Marine Park, Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park, Tirta Gangga Park, Gunung Agung, Mount Batur, Lake Kintamani, Lake Bedugul.
- 2018 Best Wedding Destination International, this award from T + L India further confirms Bali as the world’s best destination and favorite
- Travel People’s Choice Awards from the Bound Round media company based on a survey of selected Australian family destinations in 2018.
- The Best Island in Asia Pacific version of DestinAsian Magazine Readers ’Choice Awards, Singapore in 2018 (Bali received this award from 2005 to 2018 or 13 times in a row).
- Top 10 Honeymoon Destination for Chinese Tourists from China C-Trip travel company in 2017 (Bali ranks first in beating other prestigious world-class destinations such as Hawaii, Paris, New York, Dubai, Sanya, Madrid, Sydney, Guam, and Valletta)
- Top 10 Overseas Destination from China in 2017 and Top 10 Luxury Travel Destinations from China in 2017 (Bali ranks 4th in the world).
- Top Destinations in World 2017 at the TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Award 2017 from the Tripadvisor travel site. (5 Top Destinations in World 2017, Bali, London, Paris, Rome and New York).
- As well as other international awards as the best tourist destinations from Travel and Leisure, the World Travel Awards, Conde Nast Traveler to the UNWTO Awards.
- Subak Bali, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2012.
The name Belitung went viral after the viral Laskar Pelangi film took place in Belitung. Belitung Tourism is still new compared to the name Bali which has been worldwide for a long time.
However, Belitung has now dubbed the Maldives of Indonesia, because in Belitung you will find extraordinary natural beauty with white sand beaches, clear and calm seawater and very distinctive granite stones.
Belitung is a favorite tourist destination for Asian tourists, especially Singapore and Malaysia. To reach Belitung is also very easy because the location of Belitung is quite strategic.
If from Singapore it requires 90 minutes of a direct flight, whereas if from Jakarta it takes half.
- The Maldives of Indonesia from various websites
- The 3rd Highest Destination Index of 10 priority destinations in Indonesia and as a Promising Destination from the Indonesian Ministry of Tourism (KEMENPAR).
Like Bali and Belitung, the island of Lombok is now a favorite tourist destination for foreign tourists especially Asian tourists such as Malaysia, Singapore, and Mainland China.
Names like Senggigi Beach, Pink Beach, Gili Trawangan, Mount Rinjani, Taliwang Chicken, for most foreign tourists may not sound strange. Yes, because so far the tourist attractions above are the main destinations for local and foreign tourists.
But now the tourist attractions in Lombok are increasingly diverse, namely since the existence of the Mandalika tourist area. Mandalika Tourism Area there are several main beaches namely Kuta Beach, Seger Beach, Tanjung Aan Beach.
Mandalika which is located not far from Lombok International Airport is integrated with the Adat Sade Village Tourism area, Ende Adat Village, as well as various international standard facilities.
Yes, maybe that’s a little glimpse of Lombok, which is definitely a lot of things you can do there such as diving, snorkeling, or hiking to Mount Rinjani, camping and seeing the sunrise from Segara Anak Lake on the favorite mountain of foreign tourists.
- Top Destinations in World 2017 at the TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Award 2017 from the Tripadvisor travel site. (ranked 9th in the 24 Top Destinations list in World 2017, beating Tokyo in 10th place).
Makassar is the capital of South Sulawesi province, the 4th largest city in Indonesia, a center of economy and business in the eastern part of Indonesia.
In Makassar, there are several favorites and most popular tourist destinations with complete facilities. Among others :
Pulau Samalona, located 2 km from the city of Makassar. To reach it you need to rent a motorbike rental service that is easily found not far from Losari Beach.
The underwater scenery of Samalona Island is extraordinary and is known by many foreign tourists. So there you can dive or snorkel.
Losari Beach, the best place to see sunrise and sunset. Losari Beach is the main destination of travel bloggers and photographers. Access to Losari Beach is very easy, from Hasanuddin International Airport it takes 40-50 minutes.
In addition to what I mentioned above, tourists who have been satisfied to tour around in Makassar can continue their journey to other tours that are still in South Sulawesi such as heading to the Kete Kesu Tourism Village in Tana Toraja.
Tana Toraja was a world-famous cultural preserve. There was a Tongkonan, which was a stage house typical of the Toraja tribe.
In Tana Toraja, facilities are still very limited, for example, restaurants are still very rare. It is recommended to bring your own provisions. For lodging, you can stay in the city of Rantepao, which is located 5 km from Kete Kesu village.
Well after being satisfied traveling around South Sulawesi, if you still have a lot of time, you might be able to try marine park tours.
Recommended marine parks in Sulawesi are Bunaken National Park (North Sulawesi), and Wakatobi National Park (Southeast Sulawesi). 2 of the most complete underwater national parks in the world.
Typical Makassar cuisine: Coto Makassar (Makassar’s signature meat soup, one of the best Soto in Indonesia), Kongro soup (beef rib soup), Pisang Epe (grilled banana), Pallubasa soup (a soup containing gravy and mixed beef), and others – other.
- Indonesia ‘s Attractiveness Award (IAA) for 2015-2018. Makassar City gets a Gold rating for the Best City Infrastructure Sector category.
- ASEAN Environment Sustainable City as the city with the best sustainable environmental management in 2017, the category of Clean City
9. LABUAN BAJO
Labuan Bajo is a city located on Flores Island, East Nusa Tenggara province. It is located on the westernmost part of Flores Island. Labuan Bajo is a favorite destination for foreign tourists because of its natural beauty and exoticism.
Labuan Bajo is the gateway for tourists who want to travel in several popular tourist attractions such as Komodo Island, Rinca Island, Padar Island, Lake 3 Warna Kelimutu (66 km east of Ende City), Tourism Village Wae Rebo (in Maggarai City).
On the islands of Komodo and Rinca (parts of Komodo National Park), tourists can see directly the giant lizard, the Komodo Dragons.
At Komodo National Park there are at least dozens of the best places, for diving or snorkeling. For those of you who like to climb, you can climb the peak of Padar Island to see strands of small islands underneath.
You can also be trekking in Wae Rebo Tourism Village, which is located at an altitude of 1125 masl to see traditional Flores houses.
Not satisfied, you can continue trekking to Lake Kelimutu, which is at an altitude of 1500 meters above sea level. Kelimutu Lake is 3 magical lakes whose watercolors are always changing. Sometimes it is red, blue and white, sometimes green, light green and black.
To reach Labuan Bajo is very easy, because of many direct flights from other major cities, for example, from the cities of Jakarta, Surabaya, Bali, and Lombok via Komodo Airport, in Labuan Bajo.
- Biosphere Reserve in 1986
- UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1991
- New Seven Wonders in 2011
- 10 Top Destination In World from National Geographic (NatGeo) in 2017
Friends, that’s the article about the 9 Indonesia Most Favorite Tourist Destinations for Asian Tourists. Before you go to Indonesia, I suggest you read the following article >> Indonesia Travel Advice: for a Safe and Comfortable Vacation. Hopefully useful, wait for the next article. That’s all and thank you ^^