Findindonesia.com – As an Indonesian, since I was a child, I knew a lot of Indonesian cuisines. Foods like meatballs, soup, fried rice, Tempe, Rawon and Rendang, are some of my favorite foods, and maybe in a week I always eat one of them.
From some of the foods above, Rendang I think is the most delicious. Therefore I sometimes ask my parents to make rendang especially beef rendang.
Yes, rendang is my favorite food, and if asked what is my favorite food, I always answer rendang. Until one day when I was in high school, I lived in the province of East Java, I just knew that rendang was an original food of Minangkabau, a tribe famous in the province of West Sumatra.
Rendang is Indonesian cuisine that is very popular domestically and even abroad. In the area of origin, in the land of Minang (Padang city), rendang is served as a main dish in traditional events or special events.
This food, which has been named as Indonesia’s national food, has also been named as one of the world’s best foods on the world level. Rendang has been ranked first, 2 times in 2011 and 2017 as the best food in CNN’s World’s 50 Best Foods.
Domestically there may be hundreds of thousands of Padang restaurants spread throughout Indonesia. So, if I miss rendang, it’s not difficult to find a Padang restaurant that serves a rendang menu.
But only in certain restaurants, you find the original rendang like in the area of origin. In addition, you can also make your own rendang.
The rendang recipe is quite simple and of course, you can try or practice it. Delicious or not depends on the secret recipe.
Well, do you want to know the secret recipe how to make original Indonesian rendang? If yes, continue reading this article about the secret recipe: how to make original Indonesian rendang.
Before making it, prepare the main ingredients and spices needed.
Main ingredient to make original Indonesian Rendang
• 2 liters of coconut milk (produced from 2 old coconuts)
• 1.0 kg of beef
Seasoning of Indonesian original Rendang recipe (seasoning 1)
• 4 leaves of kaffir lime
• 2 cm of candis acid (gelugur)
• 2 leaves of turmeric, conclude
• 2 stalks of lemongrass leaves, crushed
• 12 red onions, sliced
Seasoning of Indonesian original rendang recipe, seasoning which is mashed (seasoning 2)
• 2 cm of ginger, grilled
• 1 teaspoon of cumin, roasted
• 3 cm of turmeric, roasted
• 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
• 100 g of large red chili
• 1/2 tablespoon of coriander
• 2 teaspoons of salt
• 6 cloves of garlic
• 5 pecan nuts
• 100 g of curly red chili
• 2 cm of galangal
How to cook original Indonesian Rendang recipes
• Beef is cut to the desired size
• Prepare a large pan, then pour coconut milk into it, then add seasoning 1 (leaves of turmeric, candis acid, lemongrass leaves etc)
• Stir seasoning (seasoning 1) and coconut milk slowly and evenly until boiling
• When the coconut milk is boiling, then add the type of mashed spices (seasoning 2), then stir for 20-30 minutes
• If the coconut milk has looked greasy, add the prepared beef
• Reduce the flame on the stove, then cook the coconut milk until it shrinks and thickens
• Continue stirring continuously and slowly until the meat becomes tender and cooked